What is Protection and why do we need it? We are all placed on this earth in a physical body. There are many of us who choose to do the work of Spirit and therefore become aware that there is much more to life than just a physical body.
As we begin to grow in-tune with ourselves and those around us, we realize that everything is made up of energy. We have all experienced it - standing in line at a store and feeling uncomfortable as someone steps in to our personal space. What you're feeling is their energy entering into your energy field. If our energy field is unprotected we will pick up on any energy that they may be giving out. This energy can be both positive and negative, and it is important to be aware of our ability to take on this energy - especially as we start to develop our intuition and spiritual awareness. We become more sensitive to the energies that constantly surround us, and it then becomes important to know what we should do to avoid becoming susceptible to any negativity that we may encounter.
The more spiritually aware and intuitive we are the more sensitive we become to all of the energies around us. As a healer/medium or clairvoyant, we need to be especially aware of protecting our energy fields when dealing with other people. We need to make sure that we don't take on any unnecessary emotions/problems that the client may have brought with them.
How will I know if I am protected or not?
Being unprotected normally manifests itself within the emotional and spiritual bodies. Below is a list of some symptoms you may feel if your energy field is unprotected:
- Irritable/losing your temper
- Easily influenced by others
- Fanatical about someone
- Feeling other peoples emotions/pain
- Bumping into people
- Copying or living your life through others
- On a physical level you can feel pain in the back of your neck, solar plexus (pit of stomach), or wrists.
- Keep fit and well
- Drink lots of water
- Wear protective colors - for example gold, silver, violet or blue
- Wear or carry crystals with a protective quality - for example Amethyst, Lapis Lazuli, Sugilite, Laramar, Gold Tigers Eye and Hawks Eye (blue tigers eye) for psychic protection.
- Wear or use protective symbols - for example The Egyptian Ankh, Rune symbol, Star of David (six pointed star), Circle, Egg, Pentagram (five pointed star, especially for Wiccans/Pagans), Pyramid or Cross. Symbols are very personal things, so only wear or carry what feels right for you and what you are comfortable with.
- Visualization - a good exercise is to imagine you are sitting in an egg of light. The base of the egg is sitting just below the floor (so you are grounded) and you are surrounded in your egg by a lovely protective color (gold, silver, violet or blue). You ensure that your eggshell is solid so that no negative energy can penetrate it. Any negative thoughts/emotions that you may have will escape and no negative thoughts/emotions from others will be allowed in. In turn, each negative energy or thought pattern will hit the eggshell and slide down into the ground to be transmuted in to positive energy.
(These notes are only guidelines to aid you on your own Spiritual path and as with all spiritual work it is often about finding your own Truth. If you disagree or feel uncomfortable with anything that is suggested here by all means find an alternative Truth that is acceptable to you.)